Sunday 27 April 2008

?


























These are a couple of early attempts at creating an Impressionist inspired art piece. As you can see, they aren't very good. I looked at the signs of Impressionism, the style, rather than the meaning behind the style. For the top image, I used a few photoshop tricks to try and achieve a soft focus and saturated colours. It worked in the sense that the focus is soft and the colours are saturated, but it's not pleasant to look at. The second image uses the motion of the water to create the broken brush style of the Impressionist. It looks quite pretty, but that's not what I was after.
So after these attempts, I spoke with Kevin, my course tutor, and decided to look further into the reason behind the rise of the Impressionists. Why did that style develop then and not at any other period in time? Are these ideas/inventions/ways of seeing still relevant today? If so, how and why?
The results of my research can be found here: http://unitfour-elgan.blogspot.com/

No comments: